Virginia Tech Homecoming Parade
- The Parade is on October 14, 2022. You must arrive at Lot 2 of Lane Stadium at 5:30 PM to line up and we will leave Lot 2 to begin the parade at 6:30 PM. (Directions)
- The Parade begins at Lot 2 of Lane Stadium and goes down Beamer Way, turns right on Washington Street, turns left on Main Street, turns left on Alumni Mall, and ends at the Drillfield.
- When arriving at Lot 2, please enter via the Southgate entrance.
- There will be no contest for the parade this year. We want to focus on community rather than competition.
- Participants in the parade are NOT allowed to throw anything to the crowd (i.e. candy, beads, other trinkets) as it is a safety concern. However, you may hand the items to spectators.
- NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED. If you are found with these substances, you will be immediately ejected from the parade. You may face additional consequences from law enforcement and/or Student Conduct depending on your affiliation with the university.
- For those using vehicles in the parade, you must stay within the maximum speed limit of 5 miles per hour while participating.
As of now, I know that the Hillbillies and Misfits will be attending this Parade. I’ve also spoken at many Unit meetings this year about this event and feel that it would be a great way to get Kazim’s name out there and promote the Hospitals. If your Unit plans on being there please let the Uniformed Units know by sending an email so we will know who we are looking for the day of the event.