Potentate's Desk | Potentate's Message
This message is to inform you of the revised schedule for Kazim's upcoming Stated Meeting for May 1, 2021.
As you know I previously had scheduled an Open House for April 30th in conjunction with our Spring Ceremonial/Stated Meeting for May 1. Due to our Blue Lodges being closed the first quarter of 2021, our ability to get new petitions and candidates has been substantially obstructed. We have 3 petitions in the temple office as of Wednesday last week.
Therefore, I have decided to postpone the Spring Ceremonial until October 2 and have one large Ceremonial in the Fall. In addition I have decided to cancel the Open House that was scheduled for April 30th. I hope everyone understands that this is being done to avoid any unnecessary exposure for our Nobility and Ladies, as well as having a temple open house for three candidates seems like an excessive use of time and talent.
Per Kazim bylaws, we will hold our Stated Meeting on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 10 AM at which time the business of the Temple will be discussed. Also, we will vote on all petitions that we have in the office and if there are enough candidates to warrant we will perform a Cold Sands ceremony and obligate the new Nobles at the Stated or as soon as possible thereafter. I will encourage any new Noble that may be obligated on May 1st to return to Kazim in the fall along with their ladies and families and participate in the full Fall Ceremony.
After the Stated Meeting we will be holding a very informal reception in the ball room to have a hotdog, chips and drink. This hopefully will give us an opportunity to fellowship with one another even if only for a short while.
Nobles and Ladies of Kazim:
I wanted to get some information out to you regarding several dates on Kazim's calendar this year that may have been affected or changed due to Covid and the number of participants restrictions pertaining thereto.
1. The Potentate's Ball that had originally been scheduled for April 3 was then moved to May 1 to coincide with the Spring Ceremonial has now been moved to Oct 2, 2021. This also will be the same weekend of the new Fall Ceremonial date which I will cover later in this email.
2. Kazim's Spring Ceremonial and Stated Meeting is still slated for May 1. I do anticipate having an open house on Friday April 30th.
3. The National SDA Convention will be held at Kazim August 4th through the 7th.
4. Kazim's August stated meeting will be held on August 25, 2021.
5. South Atlantic Shrine Association (SASA) Convention will be held in Myrtle Beach, SC. The official dates are September 16th through the 19th. However, many Shriners and Ladies will be going early. Be sure and make your reservations at the Crown Reef Resort. If you need contact information for the hotel please notify the temple office or myself and we will be happy to help.
6. The Circus which had been rescheduled for June 4, 5 and 6 had to be rescheduled again. The new dates for the Circus will be October 22, 23 and 24th.
7. With the Circus being rescheduled (see #6) I had to also reschedule the Fall Ceremonial since the new circus dates are the dates previously set aside for the Fall Ceremonial. The new date for the Fall Ceremonial is October 2. I would again like to have an open house to welcome new Nobles, their Ladies and families to Kazim on Friday, October 1, 2021 then on Saturday October 2 we will have the Fall Ceremonial. THEN later that evening we will be holding the 2021 Kazim Potentate's Ball. More info will come out later on the ball.
8. The December Stated Meeting will be held on Saturday, December 11, 2021 at Kazim Temple.
I apologize for the length of this email and the complexity. I felt I needed to get some information out to you the Nobility and Ladies of Kazim. I've had a lot of Nobles and Ladies call, message and email asking about dates. I apologize for not being able to give you much information before this. However prior to this week I did not have everything set or rearranged and confirmed. At this point I have everything confirmed for the new dates that I am currently aware of.
I am including with this notification a letter recently received in Kazim's office. This letter is from the Union Area Chamber of Commerce in Union WV. The letter is Kazim's Uniform Units invitation to participate in their Annual Farmer's Day Parade on June 5, 2021. As requested in the letter please contact Shriner Billy Wade Wickline at 304-722-5365 or Allison Tomlinson at 304-772-4162 or 304-667-0394.
Nobles of Kazim:
Recently I was forwarded an email from the Office of the Secretary of Commerce and Trade for the Commonwealth of Virginia. In that email it states that "Public and Social Clubs, such as the Shriners, should be following Phase Three Guidelines for Entertainment and Public Amusement". Further it stated "Your meetings must comply with the capacity restrictions of the lesser of 30% of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy, if applicable, or 250 persons, in addition to proper distancing, wearing masks and proper cleaning protocols."
Nobles in view of this email, from a Virginia state official, I feel that we can once again reopen the temple for meetings and have it available for your use.
Therefore, effective 03/15/2021, the facilities of Kazim Temple are available for your use.